Order your 2023 Nike Seattle Mariners City Connect gear today
The Seattle Mariners City Connect uniforms were unveiled Friday morning, a week before the team will wear them against Houston.
Seattle's City Connect uniforms were in development for two years and aimed to blend the past with the present and the future.
Some absolutely fire threads.
According to a Mariners press release on MLB.com, the uniform is filled with nods to Seattle's history on and off the field.
- "The colors of Amarillo, Rush Blue and Sundown capture the essence of the Mariners' inaugural colors, but they also honor Seattle’s original MLB team, the Pilots, which departed after just one season in 1969 and became the Brewers. “Seattle” is stitched across the chest of the jersey, with the lettering style evocative of the Pilots while featuring a black drop shadow, paying homage to a similar one used by the 1955 Pacific Coast League champion Rainiers. The infusion of black on the pants is a nod to the primary color of the uniforms of the 1940s Seattle Steelheads, whom the Mariners recognize with a separate uniform each year."
- "Within the patch on the jersey sleeve, Mount Rainer is front and center, representing the Pacific Coast League’s Seattle Rainiers. “PNW” is donned in sundown gold to signify the energy and exuberance of the region’s great outdoors. The leaf embellishments, which memorably appeared on the Pilots caps, are incorporated on the edge of the patch to honor the region’s maritime and aviation industries."
- "On the bottom front of the jersey above the jock tag reads the phrase “My Oh My” as a nod to Hall of Fame broadcaster Dave Niehaus’ famous phrase, which he echoed for more than three decades."
- "Stitched inside the jersey collar is the phrase “Sodo Mojo” as a celebration of the neighborhood that the Mariners always have called home. Within the stitching, there are two tridents pointing skyward forming “Ws” -- the first “W” signifying the state of Washington and the second “W” representing the word “wins,” which is evocative of the blue “W” lit on the T-Mobile Park roof after each victory."
- "The cap, which features a modernized Mariners trident, consists of a royal blue crown and black visor, the first time this color combination has been used for an on-field cap in Seattle baseball history."
Luckily, fans don't have to wait to get their hands on these threads. MLBshop has a ton of items available right now - and all orders of $29+ ship free today.
So, uh, what exactly are you waiting for? Get yourself some gear now. Below you'll see some of our favorites.
Seattle Mariners New Era Royal/Black 2023 City Connect 9FIFTY Snapback Adjustable Hat
Seattle Mariners Julio Rodriguez Nike Royal 2023 City Connect Replica Player Jersey
Seattle Mariners Nike Heather Charcoal 2023 City Connect Velocity Practice Performance T-Shirt
Men's Seattle Mariners Nike Royal 2023 City Connect Tri-Blend T-Shirt
Seattle Mariners New Era Royal/Black 2023 City Connect 39THIRTY Flex Fit Hat
Seattle Mariners Ken Griffey Jr. Nike Royal 2023 City Connect Name & Number T-Shirt
Seattle Mariners Stance Royal 2023 City Connect Over the Calf Socks
Seattle Mariners Nike Royal 2023 City Connect Large Logo T-Shirt
Seattle Mariners Nike Royal 2023 City Connect Knit Performance Polo
Seattle Mariners Nike Gold 2023 City Connect Wordmark T-Shirt
This post contains affiliate links, where we may receive a percentage of any sale made from the links on this page. Prices and availability are accurate as of the time of publication.