As the Mariners sit at home, watching the World Series, there is a multitude of thoughts and emotions going through their heads. Instead of thinking about what they could do to get there, there is something else that they could try and do. Help the Phillies beat the Astros.
A letter from the “Mariners” to help the Phillies defeat the Astros
Dear Philadelphia Phillies Leadership and Fans,
These are a few suggestions from a Mariners fan for your World Series games with the Astros. The Mariners played the Astros frequently during the season and then met them in the post-season too. Many of us are cheering you on and hope that you win the series.
1. Houston is not the City of Brotherly Love.
2. Wait until you get home for pizza and cheese steak sandwiches.
3. If you can win one game in Houston, then you will play three games in Philadelphia. The Astros do not play as well in enemy territory.
4. See if you can bring a fair number of fans to Houston so that you can occasionally hear, “Let’s go Phillies!,” over the din. Red towels will stick out amid the orange.
5. The Astros are likely to be over-confident. Take advantage of this lack of self-awareness.
6. Justin Verlander is an outstanding pitcher but even he can get the jitters, especially when he has not played for a few days. Look to hit especially hard in the first and second innings. By the third, he may have hit his stride.
7. It is possible to strike Altuve, Peña, Ấlvarez, and Bregman out. Do it.
8. The Astros’ lineup is full of good batters, but if you line up your pitchers carefully, they will go seventeen innings without scoring. Strategize your pitcher selection and then, score first.
9. Avoid returning to Houston after playing at home by clinching the title in Philadelphia.
10. Philadelphia Phillies, become World Series champions!
Best of luck this next week!
A Mariners Fan