Seattle Mariners: Ballpark promotions for 2019
The Seattle Mariners have officially released their promotional schedule for the 2019 season. I’ve taken it upon myself to go ahead and list the giveaways broken down by category.
So, if you see something you wouldn’t want to miss out on, hop online and buy some tickets. Kids promotions are listed separately. I’ve also bolded some of the nights that seem to appeal to some of our writers.
So here we go:
- Magnetic Schedule – All fans, March 28th.
- Mariners Reusable Tote Bag – First 20,000 fans, April 14th.
- Fanny Pack – First 10,000 fans, April 26th.
- Beach Towel – First 10,000 fans, July 27th.
- Team Poster – All fans, September 27th.
- Mariners Hoodie – First 10,000 fans, April 12th.
- Armed Forces Night Military Cap – First 15,000 fans, April 13th.
- Trucker Hat – First 10,000 fans, May 17th.
- Mother’s Day Mariners Infinity Scarf – First 10,000 fans, May 19th.
- Lou Piniella Lou-Au Hawaiian Shirt – First 10,000 fans, June 21st.
- Turn Back the Clock Seattle Pilots Cap – First 20,000 fans, June 22nd.
- Patriotic Tank Top – First 10,000 fans, July 4th.
Edgar Martinez Weekend:
- Hall of Fame Bobblehead – First 40,000 fans, August 9th.
- Hall of Fame Replica Plaque – First 40,000 fans, August 10th.
- Replica Edgar Martinez Drive Street Sign – First 40,000 fans, August 11th.
- Mitch Haniger – First 20,000 fans, April 27th.
- Ken Griffey, Jr. “Rookie Year” – First 20,000 fans, May 18th.
- TBD Bobblehead, September 14th.
- Father’s Day Rick Rizzs Talking Bottle Opener – First 10,000 dads, June 23rd.
- Edgar Martinez Hall of Fame Placard – First 20,000 fans, July 21st
Kids’ (14 and Under) Giveaways and Events:
- Mariners T-Shirt – All kids, March 31st.
- Mariners Sunglasses – All kids, April 28th.
- Mariners Arm Sleeve – All kids, May 19th.
- Mariners Bat & Ball – All kids, June 2nd.
- Mariners Socks – All kids, June 23rd.
- Moose poster – September 29th.
Special Events (Ticket Specials w/ Giveaways)
- College Nights – March 29th, April 12th, April 26th, May 17th, May 31st, and September 27th.
- Sonics 40th Anniversary Championship Celebration – June 1st
- Pride Night – July 5th (Pride hat)
- Guys Night Out – July 19th (Mariners growler)
- Stitch ‘n Pitch – July 23rd (Mariners needle gauge)
- Girls Night Out – July 26th (Mariners clutch)
- Bark at the Park – April 14th, May 28th, July 22nd, and September 12th (Doggies get themed gifts)
- Salute to Latin American Baseball – September 15th
- Oktoberfest – September 28th
Value Nights ($15 Bleacher/View, $30 Main/Club):
- April – 1, 2, 14, 15, 16, and 25
- May – 13, 14, 16, 28, and 30
- June – 3, 4, 5, 17, 18, and 20
- July – 5, 6, 7, 22, 23, and 25
- August – 6
- September – 10, 11, 12, 24, 25, and 26
So, after a breakdown, the first big giveaway weekend is Friday April 12th-Sunday April 14th against the Astros. College kids will get a happy hour discount on Friday, plus a hoodie. Saturday fans will receive a military cap with a salute to the Armed Forces. Sunday is a value game, or bring your dog to the park (special ticket required), and receive a tote bag.
Next, Friday April 26th and Saturday April 27th against the Rangers. Friday is, again, college night plus get a fanny pack. Saturday is the coveted Mitch Haniger Bobblehead Night.
Friday May 17th through Sunday May 19th against the Twins is another excellent giveaway weekend. Friday is college night, with fans receiving a trucker hat. Saturday is the Ken Griffey Jr. “Rookie Year” Bobblehead, and Sunday is Mother’s Day Infinity Scarf, plus youngsters get a Mariners Arm Sleeve.
For those of us who are pining for the prodigal sons, The Sonics, to return to Seattle, get your tickets to the June 1st matchup against the Angels. There will be a 40th Anniversary Championship Celebration before and throughout the game. No giveaways (yet), but relive the memories of the team we miss.
Friday June 21st through Sunday the 23rd against the Orioles is another excellent weekend to get out and get some Mariners swag. Friday fans will receive a Lou Piniella Lou-Au Hawaiian Shirt. Saturday, turn back the clock and receive a Seattle Pilots ball cap. Sunday, fathers will receive a Rick Rizzs talking bottle opener as a Father’s Day gift and youngsters will get some Mariners socks.
If you’re as ecstatic as I am about Edgar making it to the Hall of Fame, you don’t want to miss any of the games they’re giving away commemorative gifts. I may have to leave the comfort of my home in San Diego and catch the series against the Rays from August 9th through 11th.
Promotions will likely be added, so keep checking the Seattle Mariners website throughout the season!