What’s up everyone? Welcome back to the Sodo Mojo Podcast. If you’re new, we do this every Monday and Friday. We talk about three main Mariners points, for 10 minutes or less. Listen to us at home. At work. At commercial break. Whatever you want.
As we sit today, the M’s are 52-60 and 8.5 back in the AL West race. They are 8.0 back in the wild card. Interesting that the M’s division chances are now almost as good as the wild card chances.
On August 2nd, 1995, the M’s were 13.0 games back of the Angels. It’s August 10th and they are just 8.5 back. Sooooo, you’re telling me there’s a chance?
On today’s podcast:
1. We talked about Jamie Moyer HOF Induction Day. Brian Helberg was there, and we can’t wait to read his first-hand account of the days events. Moyer’s presentation and speech lasted 45 minutes and it was beautifully done. You don’t realize how good Jamie Moyer was. He didn’t have the velocity of Felix Hernandez or Randy Johnson, so people don’t remember him as vividly. But he is the winningest pitcher in Mariners history. Congratulations, and #ThanksJamie.
2. As we wrote about earlier today, Lloyd McClendon is upset at Mike Montgomery’s shaking off pitches. We talked about that from both perspectives, that of Lloyd and of Monty.
3. The Mariners playoff odds are less than three percent, but they have a chance to play some better baseball here in August. We broke down the schedule.
Thanks for listening. Go M’s!
More from SoDo Mojo
- 2023 Steamer Projections: Teoscar Hernandez could see a drop in Seattle
- Could the Mariners Acquire AL Batting Champion, Luis Arraez?
- Steamer Projections: Julio Rodriguez to enter rarified air in 2023
- What if the Mariners traded FOR Tyler O’Neill this time?
- Mariners starting pitching is being overlooked by MLB