What’s up everyone? It’s time for our third episode of the Sodo Mojo Podcast with your host Brady Farkas.
In case your still new to the podcast, we are talking Monday and Friday, for 10 minutes or less, about your Seattle Mariners. We’ll address three burning issues for the M’s each time we do this.
The Mariners enter play on Monday at 48-58, 7.0 games back of the Twins for the second wild card spot. What’s on tap for today’s podcast?
1. Call me crazy, but this Mariners season isn’t over. I don’t think the M’s make the playoffs, but I think they can at least remain interesting for a bit longer. The M’s open a series with the weak Rockies tonight (44-59) before hosting the slightly-better-than-the-Mariners but still weak Rangers. While the rest of the teams above the M’s beat up on each other, the M’s have a relatively light week and could at least pull to the middle of the pack.
2. Ketel Marte. We spoke on Friday, but this guy is fun to watch. He had three hits yesterday and walked yesterday to lead off the 11th inning. He runs well and gives the Mariners a dynamic that they haven’t had at the top of the order. Watch him and get to know him, because he’s going to be part of the nucleus moving forward.
3. Nelson Cruz. Several people were up in arms over the Cruz signing this offseason. Are you still after 29 HRs and a .317 average? He’s been the offense. All. Year. Long.
More from SoDo Mojo
- 2023 Steamer Projections: Teoscar Hernandez could see a drop in Seattle
- Could the Mariners Acquire AL Batting Champion, Luis Arraez?
- Steamer Projections: Julio Rodriguez to enter rarified air in 2023
- What if the Mariners traded FOR Tyler O’Neill this time?
- Mariners starting pitching is being overlooked by MLB