The Mariners have Monday off as they head to New York for a three-game set with the Yankees. Felix Hernandez takes the mound against CC Sabathia Tuesday at 4:07 PT. In the meantime, enjoy these links to Mariners content from around the blogosphere.
Greg Johns took questions in his weekly “Inbox” column. He touched on Justin Smoak being a switch hitter and Jeremy Bonderman’s and Erasmo Ramirez’s chances of cracking the rotation any time soon, and more.
- MLB.com columnist Anthony Castrovince discussed how Felix Hernandez has been better than ever in 2013.
- Geoff Baker made his return to the Seattle Times after his mother died in heart surgery two weeks ago. His post was a solid one on many things, with a necessary improvement from Mike Morse at its core.
- Larry Stone’s “Hot Stone League” post pointed out how Tuesday will be Felix’s first start in New York where the Yankees haven’t felt he was auditioning for a trade. That ought to feel good for Mariners’ fans.
- Rick Randall wrote an extensive post about Taijuan Walker’s development for LookPro Land-W.
- Jeff Sullivan posted something titled “Well now what the [Heck] is this” on USS Mariner today. Anything Jeff writes is worth reading, so just look at it. It’s about how Eric Wedge clearly doesn’t understand Kendrys Morales and Michael Morse as hitters. Jeff is brilliant.
A happy early Felix Day to you all.