The Seattle Mariners have been tearing up the field in Spring Training. So far, they have only lost one game – that was the first game they played against the San Diego Padres. In today’s game against the Colorado Rockies, the Mariners won 16-6. It’s hard to remind myself that just because they are winning during these early spring training games, that doesn’t necessarily mean they will win in the regular season. Notable news items include:
- Jon Garland threw for two scoreless innings, despite recovering from shoulder injuries that had him out of baseball in 2012. He has three scoreless innings total for the duration of spring training.
- Jesus Montero has been on fire at bat. He hit a home run during today’s game, and a total of 7 hits for 14 at bats.
- Today was a big day for Casper Wells. He had a 5-RBI day with a triple, double, and a single to help the Mariners rack up the runs.
- Meanwhile, the Yankees General Manager, Brian Cashman, broke his leg while skydiving.
- John Jaso, traded to the Oakland Athletics by the Mariners, hit a bases-loaded triple to help the A’s win 13-5 against the Los Angeles Angels.
- The Mariners are scaring the Texas Rangers’ manager, Ron Washington. He has mentioned that he believes they’ve put a very strong team together for this season.
The Mariners are off tomorrow, Tuesday, but they are playing the Milwaukee Brewers Wednesday at 12:05 PM PST, the Athletics and the Cleveland Indians at 12:05 PM PST on Thursday, and the A’s again on Friday at the same time. What do you think of the M’s winning streak?
Topics: Seattle Mariners