Could there be talks about a contract extension with the King? A fan-favorite is admitted to the Seattle Mariners Hall of Fame. The Mariners sign a catcher to spring training. All this and more from around the MLB in At Bat Today.
- While no one was admitted to the MLB Hall of Fame, Ken Griffey Jr. was admitted as the seventh member of the Mariners Hall of Fame.
- Ronny Paulino has signed with the Mariners as a catcher. He will join the team at spring training. He will join Jesus Montero behind the plate.
- The Mariners rumor mill has Felix Hernandez talking contract extensions with the ball club. Rumor has it, it will be a four-year, $100 million deal.
- It appears that Sandy Koufax, Hall-of-Famer, will be attending to the Dodgers spring training and will serve as a consultant to the team throughout the season.
- The Mariners avoided arbitration when signing Kendrys Morales and Brendan Ryan. Each of the players signed a contract for one year.
- Even though Edgar Martinez did not make it into the Hall of Fame, he will be honored as a hero for the Seattle area.
- Rumor has it that the Atlanta Braves are talking up coveted player Jason Upton. The Texas Rangers have also been rumored to have interest in the player.
- The Cincinnati Reds will host the 2015 All-Star game. It will be the first time since 1988 that the city has been host to this Midsummer Classic game.
- Jack Zduriencik has reported that he would like to snatch up at least one more pitcher and a pair of catchers before spring training.
- It appears that both Brendan Ryan and Dustin Ackley have recovered fully from their offseason surgeries, and they will be ready to play at spring training.
What do you think? Eric Wedge believes that the Mariners are putting together a strong team this season. Do you agree with him?