Empty the Pockets and Go Big
My plan is a bit different. Let’s go step-by-step through it.
- Go all-in on Trea Turner to be starting SS (Xander Bogaerts as the backup option but he would play 2B. Maybe Correa as a third option, but not ideally)
- Re-sign Mitch Haniger
- Re-sign Carlos Santana
- Sign SP (Kodai Senga, Taijuan Walker, Nathan Eovaldi)
- Let Frazier walk
- Sign Brandon Nimmo OR trade for someone similar (Ian Happ, Bryan Reynolds). Use Gonzales/Flexen to trade for other OF targets.
- The infield would remain the same except for the SS/2B situation explained above
- Outfield would be a position battle for the corner spots between Nimmo, Kelenic, Haniger, and Winker.
- Choose whether 14 position players and 12 pitchers Or go with a 13-13 split
Mariners Opening Day Lineup:
Luis Castillo SP
Julio Rodriguez CF
Trea Turner SS
Eugenio Suarez 3B
Cal Raleigh C
Ty France 1B
Mitch Haniger RF
Carlos Santana DH
Brandon Nimmo LF
JP Crawford 2B
Kyle Lewis?? 14th position player??
Minors who will bounce back and forth:
Kyle Lewis – Health
Casey Sadler – Health
Casey Sadler?? 13th pitcher??
It’s more of a brainstorming style list, but you get the idea. Get hitting. Get more hitting. Possibly grab another SP. Dominate.
This might be the most crucial offseason in Mariners history. They are relevant again. The team looks to be on the actual verge of contention. They’re fun to watch and dangerous. Stay tuned all offseason for any and all Mariners news.