Mariners winners and losers from the month of May
The Mariners had… well, it was a bad month. After scraping together and holding just above .500 in April, they played pretty bad in May with a record of 10-18. Some guys did great, and others stunk.
Who stands out? There are hitters and pitchers, from the obvious to the surprising. The same goes for the ones that stunk.
I think we can all agree that the Mariners need to pick it up, and the big win to start the series against the Orioles definitely helped. It was a big win just from the fact that it got them to double-digit wins on the month, as seeing a single number in the win column for an entire month isn’t something that any fan base would ever want to see.
Depending on your thoughts and what you believe, it isn’t just players that are going to make the list. The Mariners skipper will make an appearance, and I think everyone can guess which slide he will be on.
For the month of June, here is who the Mariners are going to end up playing. Let’s hope that it goes better than May did.
- Baltimore Orioles – two away games, three home games
- Texas Rangers – three away games
- Houston Astros – three away games
- Boston Red Sox – three home games
- Minnesota Twins – three home games
- Los Angeles California Angels in the outfield of Anaheim – five home games, three away
- Oakland Athletics – three away games, one home game
Let’s check out the stats and see who had a great month, and who is happy to see the month end.