Mariners Spring Training: The 5 hottest hitters right now
Mariners Hitter #4: Mitch Haniger
Even if Mitch wasn’t hitting .300 this Spring, he probably would’ve been on my list for participation. We have been waiting a long time to see Mitch back on the field and he is finally back, looking great as well.
More from Mariners News
- Julio Rodríguez Racks Up the Accolades
- Thank you, Carlos Santana: All the best with the Pirates!
- Mariners offseason roundup in advance of Winter Meetings
- Kolten Wong Fits Well For The Seattle Mariners
- The Mariners are coming for the Astros in 2023
Haniger has had 10 at-bats and has three hits, one home run, and one double. He isn’t tearing it up like Ty France right now, but did you see his home run? My goodness. If you need a reason to believe Mitch is back and healthy, that home run was it.
The 30-year-old Mariners outfielder has a big year ahead of him. With the new wave of Mariners players arriving, there is a little uncertainty about what will happen to Mitch. Don’t get me wrong, I love Haniger but the reality: he isn’t getting any younger.
Jerry Dipoto once called him the best player on the team, and I hope he can be in 2021.