Mariners: Top-5 Moments During 8-Game Win Streak
1. Walker Takes Aim At Perfection- In Win 7
I hope at this point you aren’t bored of hearing about how amazing Taijuan Walker was on Tuesday. I sure am not.
Twenty-one men in the modern era of baseball could (when they were alive) speak about what it feels like and means to be perfect. One of those men happens to be Walker’s Mariners teammate,
More from SoDo Mojo
- 2023 Steamer Projections: Teoscar Hernandez could see a drop in Seattle
- Could the Mariners Acquire AL Batting Champion, Luis Arraez?
- Steamer Projections: Julio Rodriguez to enter rarified air in 2023
- What if the Mariners traded FOR Tyler O’Neill this time?
- Mariners starting pitching is being overlooked by MLB
The two have been teammates since Walker was called up back in 2013. Both have awed us with their brilliance since. Unfortunately, Walker wasn’t present in Safeco Field the day the King became perfect.
Wheeling and dealing for six innings, Walker was unstoppable. It was like watching a master craftsman at work. You couldn’t take your eyes off of him. Even when he was nervously waiting in the dugout, you could feel he was in the middle of something special.
Although he lost the perfect game in the sixth and then the no-no in the seventh, you had to admit you were watching one of the all-time great Mariner pitching performances. His line of: 9IP, 3H, 0BB, 11K speaks for itself and should be forever remembered.
It may not have been perfect, but it was undoubtedly the best moment in the eight game win streak.