Mariners Weekly Rundown: Tough Times have Returned to Seattle
Pax-Man was a Superhero this Week
More from Mariners News
- 2023 Steamer Projections: Teoscar Hernandez could see a drop in Seattle
- Steamer Projections: Julio Rodriguez to enter rarified air in 2023
- What if the Mariners traded FOR Tyler O’Neill this time?
- Mariners starting pitching is being overlooked by MLB
- Baking the Cake: An Adjusted Mariners Offseason Plan
James Paxton was recalled by the Mariners at the end of May to take Felix Hernandez‘s place in the rotation. After a rough first outing back in the big leagues, Paxton found his groove this week. He went 0-1 but posted a sparkling 0.73 ERA across 2 starts. Pax-Man struck out 17 hitters and issued just 3 free passes through 12.1 innings pitched.
The Ladner, BC product overhauled his mechanics this offseason, and the results have been extremely encouraging. After pitching well down the road in Tacoma, Paxton has been lighting up the radar gun since rejoining the Mariners. He has always been a hard thrower, but James’ heater has been constantly flirting with triple digits in each of starts with Seattle in 2016. It’s definitely been fun to watch.
Next: What's Going on with Guti?