Mariners News: Injury Reports From the AL West
Current record: 27-20
2016 against the Mariners: 3-3
More from SoDo Mojo
- Mariners starting pitching is being overlooked by MLB
- Baking the Cake: An Adjusted Mariners Offseason Plan
- Taylor Trammell Could Provide Impact to 2023 Mariners
- How the Mariners could swing a trade for Fernando Tatis Jr
- What Jerry Dipoto’s trades, comments mean for remainder of Mariners offseason
The most notable injury that the Rangers have had was to starting pitcher Yu Darvish. Darvish is recovering from a year-long absence from baseball, as he has been recovering from 2015 Tommy John surgery. He recently had a rehab start for the Rangers triple-A affiliate, and is scheduled to start May 28th in an interleague match up against the Pittsburgh Pirates.
Darvish is not the only injury on this second-place Texas roster. In terms of position players, Robinson Chirinos, Shin-Soo Choo, Josh Hamilton and Drew Stubbs all are out for a time. Choo, and Stubbs are only classified under the 15-Day DL, but Hamilton and Chirinos are out for a significant amount of time. Pitchers A.J. Griffin, Keone Kela and Tanner Scheppers are also out.
Next: Seattle Mariners