Mariners Weekly Rundown: Who’s Hot & Who’s Not
The BoomStick Stays Hot
More from Mariners News
- 2023 Steamer Projections: Teoscar Hernandez could see a drop in Seattle
- Steamer Projections: Julio Rodriguez to enter rarified air in 2023
- What if the Mariners traded FOR Tyler O’Neill this time?
- Mariners starting pitching is being overlooked by MLB
- Baking the Cake: An Adjusted Mariners Offseason Plan
Nelson Cruz continues to be an intimidating presence in the heart of the Mariners’ lineup. The 35-year-old slugger slashed .320/.370/.440 across 25 at bats this week. Cruz clubbed 1 home run and drove in a pair of runs in 6 games. His dinger was truly special, as it traveled over 430 ft. and landed in the upper deck in center field at the Oakland Coliseum.
Cruz has been a very productive player for Seattle this season, and he is a big reason why Seattle is in first place right now. The BoomStick is hitting .268 with 5 home runs and 16 RBI through 30 games. He has posted a .371 on base percentage and slugged .455 across 112 at bats.
He may not be having an MVP type of season, but Cruz is doing exactly what the Mariners need to make the playoffs this year.
Next: Smitty hits a speed bump