Mariners Weekly Rundown: Who’s Hot & Who’s Not
9 of 10
More from SoDo Mojo
- 2023 Steamer Projections: Teoscar Hernandez could see a drop in Seattle
- Could the Mariners Acquire AL Batting Champion, Luis Arraez?
- Steamer Projections: Julio Rodriguez to enter rarified air in 2023
- What if the Mariners traded FOR Tyler O’Neill this time?
- Mariners starting pitching is being overlooked by MLB
It was not a good week for Mike Montgomery. The 26-year-old southpaw allowed 4 runs on 6 hits across 2 appearances this week. Monty struck out 1 and walked 2 through 3 innings of work. The opposition hit .429 against him, and he allowed 2.29 walks/hits per inning.
Montgomery’s issues this week were surprising given the fact that he hurled 3 shutout frames last week for Seattle. Overall, Montgomery has registered a 6.00 ERA through 4 appearances this season. He has struck out 6 and walked 3 in 6 innings.
I’ve always been a fan of Monty’s game, but he needs to step it up this week if he hopes to stay with the Mariners in 2016.
Next: Karns Dominates Yankees