Mariners Weekly Rundown: Who’s Hot & Who’s Not
Cishek gets First Save of the Year for Seattle
More from Mariners News
- 2023 Steamer Projections: Teoscar Hernandez could see a drop in Seattle
- Steamer Projections: Julio Rodriguez to enter rarified air in 2023
- What if the Mariners traded FOR Tyler O’Neill this time?
- Mariners starting pitching is being overlooked by MLB
- Baking the Cake: An Adjusted Mariners Offseason Plan
Steve Cishek had a great week for the Seattle Mariners, hurling 4 shutout innings and recording his first save of the season. He struck out 4 and walked 1 through 3 appearances. The opposition hit just .143 against Cishek this week, and he allowed just 0.75 walks/hits per inning.
There were high hopes for Cishek when he signed with Seattle this offseason, but also some trepidation. M’s fans have been burnt badly by closers in the past, and Cishek had his worst season as a pro in 2014. However, he has done well so far with the Mariners, going 1-1 with 1 save and a 1.5o ERA.
Unlike Fernando Rodney, Steve Cishek throws strikes consistently. Sometimes the other team is going to hit what you’re throwing, but at least Cishek doesn’t beat himself.
Next: Monty Disappoints