Mariners Game Recap: M’s Power Past Padres in Opener
May 8, 2015; Seattle, WA, USA; Seattle Mariners pitcher Taijuan Walker (32) throws out a pitch in the first inning against the Oakland Athletics at Safeco Field. Mandatory Credit: Jennifer Buchanan-USA TODAY Sports
The Mariners have now tallied 4 consecutive wins, and their standing in the American League West has improved dramatically over that stretch. After tonight’s huge win, the M’s sit in 3rd place in the AL West. Seattle is just 4,5 games back of the division leading Houston Astros.
The Seattle Mariners (15-17) will go for the sweep tomorrow night against the San Diego Padres (17-17) in the finale of their 2-game mini series. First pitch is scheduled for 7:10 pm from the corner of Edgar & Dave. Taijuan Walker (1-3, 8.13 ERA) will be on the bump for Seattle on Wednesday night. The Padres will turn to James Shields (4-0, 4.25 ERA) tomorrow night. Root Sports Northwest will broadcast the game locally, and MLB.tv subscribers can watch on connected devices.
Next: Mariners Game Notes: Taylor Starts at SS, Kuma Shut Down
More from SoDo Mojo
- How the Mariners could swing a trade for Fernando Tatis Jr
- What Jerry Dipoto’s trades, comments mean for remainder of Mariners offseason
- Mariners Select Chris Clarke in Rule 5 Draft
- Thank you for a Memorable Year, Abraham Toro and Jesse Winker!
- Winter Meetings Wrap Up: Checking where the Mariners stand