Mariners Game Recap: Elias Pitches Well, but M’s Lose Again
Apr 21, 2015; Seattle, WA, USA; Seattle Mariners pitcher Taijuan Walker (32) throws against the Houston Astros during the first inning at Safeco Field. Mandatory Credit: Joe Nicholson-USA TODAY Sports
After today’s loss, the M’s are currently tied for 4th place in the American League West with the Texas Rangers. Both clubs sit 4.0 games back of the division leading Houston Astros.
The Seattle Mariners (7-11) will take on the Texas Rangers (7-11) in the opener of a 4-game series on Monday night. First pitch is scheduled for 5:05 pm from Globe Life Park in Arlington. Taijuan Walker (0-2, 10.66 ERA) will be tasked with getting the M’s back on track tomorrow night. Veteran right-hander Yovani Gallardo (2-2, 3.92 ERA) will toe the rubber for the Rangers. Seattle won 2 of 3 against Texas last weekend, but Gallardo was the winning pitcher in the Rangers lone win. Root Sports Northwest will broadcast the game locally, and MLB.tv subscribers can watch on connected devices.
More from SoDo Mojo
- 2023 Steamer Projections: Teoscar Hernandez could see a drop in Seattle
- Could the Mariners Acquire AL Batting Champion, Luis Arraez?
- Steamer Projections: Julio Rodriguez to enter rarified air in 2023
- What if the Mariners traded FOR Tyler O’Neill this time?
- Mariners starting pitching is being overlooked by MLB