With Jeremy Bonderman DFA’d by the Mariners this afternoon, it looks more and more likely that Erasmo Ramirez will make his first big league start of 2013 Thursday against the Red Sox. In light of that, here are some Erasmo-related links from around the Mariners’ blogosphere.
- Lookout Landing’s Scott Weber chimed in with his take on the afternoon’s proceedings. It includes a capitalized, bolded sentence that reads: “CAN YOU ENVISION A ROTATION A YEAR FROM TODAY WITH FELIX HERNANDEZ, HISASHI IWAKUMA, ERASMO RAMIREZ, TAIJUAN WALKER, AND DANNY HULTZEN?” Yes, Scott. Yes we can. And it looks real nice.
- Here’s Geoff Baker’s take. He took what Eric Wedge said to him about promoting a guy from AAA to make Bonderman’s start and exhausted all the other options. By process of elimination, it’s got to be Ramirez. The post also includes a ridiculous story about Lucas Luetge and a P.F. Chang’s fortune cookie.
- Our very own Anthony Davis wrote a two part post about the Mariners’ options for the back of their rotation a few weeks back. Here’s the first part, where he discusses Ramirez.
- This post isn’t current, but it’s interesting that U.S.S. Mariner wrote a post on Ramirez wanting to come back immediately on June 13.
- Here’s a post from a month ago on Rotoworld.com advising people to stash away a now “fully healthy” Ramirez on their fantasy teams. Well, if you were super patient, that advice will pay off, I guess.