The Mariners improved to 17-19 last night with Hisashi Iwakuma’s fourth victory of the season. They defeated Dan Straily and the A’s 6-3. Tonight, the M’s take on struggling Jarrod Parker as Brandon Maurer looks to show improvement after 10 days rest since his poor start against the Orioles April 30.
For some in-game entertainment, check out these Mariners’ links from around the blogosphere.
- MLB.com’s Quinn Roberts previews tonight’s game, focusing on Maurer’s extended rest and Parker’s neck problems.
- It’s Tom Wilhelmsen train engine night tonight at the ballpark and Greg Johns touched on Wilhelmsen’s reaction to the promotion in his news and notes column.
- Johns also wrote an article about Kyle Seager’s mother Jody and her determination in keeping up with three baseball-playing sons. Kyle’s brother Corey went in the first round of last year’s draft and his other brother Justin plays at UNC-Charlotte.
- Larry Stone’s latest column addressed the increase in glaring umpire errors lately and what it means for the future of replay in baseball.
- Jon Shields recapped the Mariners’ win last night on Lookout Landing aka new Pro Ball NW.
- Fun to see Matthew Carruth resurface at USS Mariner. He wrote about how the Mariners have “drifted back to the middle” statistically over the last two weeks.