The big news of the day is that the Mariners settled on a deal with a first baseman. The Arizona Diamondbacks appear to have one fielder too many, and more of your Seattle Mariners and Major League Baseball news is here.
- The big news of today is that The Mariners signed first baseman Mike Jacobs to a deal with their AAA minor league team. He hit 32 home runs for the Florida Marlins in 2008, but will he be able to perform to top standards in 2013? He’s been experiencing injuries and declining performance, so we’ll have to wait and see what he does.
- Robert Andino, an oft-overlooked trade with the Baltimore Orioles, is joining the Mariners. Andino, a successful third baseman, replaces Munenori Kawasaki.
- Rumor has it Justin Upton may be up for trade by the Diamondbacks. Their fielding crew is getting a bit cramped. Although Upton has reportedly previously put the Ms on his no-trade list, the right package may make such a trade alluring to the shortstop.
- Ex Brave, Andruw Jones, is on the receiving end of a lawsuit after his wife filed for divorce following her report of a domestic violence incident involving strangling and threats.
- Rumors surround the possibility of the Mariners picking up Miami Marlins right fielder Giancarlo Stanton.
- Another rumor-mill possibility for the Mariners? Los Angeles Dodgers right fielder Andre Ethier may be a target for the Seattle team.
- San Francisco Giants player Sergio Romo was arrested and released at a Las Vegas airport after allegedly becoming belligerent with a TSA agent.
- The Texas Rangers have signed Jason Frasor for one year.
What do you think about the Mariners’ recent moves?
Tags: Seattle Mariners