One of my favorite things to each season at this time is to take the results from the first couple games and projecting them out over an entire season. Its an entirely meaningless exercise, but it’s also quite entertaining.
- The Mariners are on pace to go 162 wins.
- The M’s are on pace to outscore their opponents 486-162 on the year.
- Ichiro is on pace to hit .800, with 168 hits and 162 RBIs
- Dustin Ackley is on pace to get 324 hits, including 162 HRs.
- Felix Hernandez is on pace to get 162 wins, throwing 972 strikeouts in 1296 innings, and get zero wins.
- Tom Wilhelmsen is on pace for 162 wins.
- Brandon League is on pace for 162 saves.
- At current rates, Brendan will get caught stealing 162 times, and Jesus Montero will ground into 324 double plays