With April ending a few days ago, I thought it would be fun to take project out a few April stat lines and see how those stats would look after a full season. Have a look:
- Ichiro is on pace for 217 hits (surprised? you shouldn’t be) while Brendan Ryan is on pace for only 78.
- Ichiro is also on pace for 56 stolen bases, while Chone Figgins is only on pace for 17 successful swipes with 22 failed attempts.
- The Mariners as a team are on pace to hit only 90 home runs. Of those, Justin Smoak is on pace to hit 23 HR, and Ryan Langerhans is on pace to hit 17. (The pair accounting for 45% of the team’s total.) Jack Cust is on pace to hit zero home runs.
- Speaking of Cust, he’s on pace for 101 hits, with 122 walks and 166 strike outs.
- Brandon League is on pace to have 45 saves with zero blown saves.
- The M’s are on pace for 73 wins and 89 losses.
Micheal Pineda is on pace for a stat line that looks like 23 wins, 5 losses, 167 K’s, with an ERA of 2.01 and an FIP of 2.20. Those stats would also win him Rookie of the Year and possibly the Cy Young.