I’m here only to make people aware of these players. Guys that can potentially one day make an impact on the Seattle organization. Further more this is based off my own unprofessional opinion. If you have a problem with these rankings and feel you can present a case where one player deserves to be ranked over another go right ahead. I’ll listen.
I’m still rather green to this whole process and I would love some feed back. I do this as a means for us fans to track the progress of some of the more important names in the organization.
with that … here it is.
|76||Daniel Carroll||22||OF||2007 Draft (3)||(A) High Desert|
|77||Francisco Valdivia||19||RHRP||IFA||Arizona League|
|78||Ben Versnik||22||RHRP||(38) Draft 2010||(low A) Clinton|
|79||Stefen Romero||22||3B||(12) Draft 2010||(low A) Clinton|
|80||Alexis Palma||18||OF||IFA||Arizona League|
|81||Scott Savastano||24||1b/lf||(28) Draft 2008||(AAA) Tacoma|
|82||Fray Martinez||21||RHRP||IFA||(A) High Desert|
|83||Matthew Bischoff||23||RHSP||(20) Draft 2010||(low A) Clinton|
|84||Stephen Landazuri||19||RHSP||Draft 2010||(Short Season) Pulaski|
|85||Brandon Haveman||24||cf||(29) Draft 2009||(AA) Jackson|
|86||Jonathan Hesketh||24||LHRP||(20) Draft 2009||(AA) Jackson|
|87||Evan Sharpley||24||3b/1b||(50) Draft 2009||(low A) Clinton|
|88||Derrick Saito||23||LHRP||Trade (royals)||(A) High Desert|
|89||Edlando Seco||22||LHSP||IFA||(low A) Clinton|
|90||Tim Boyce||24||RHSP||(44) Draft 2010||(low A) Clinton|
|92||Jandy Sena||21||RHSP||(23) Draft 2010||(Short Season) Everett|
|93||Preston Vancil||24||RHRP||Undrafted FA||(low A) Clinton|
|94||Kenn Kasparek||25||RHSP||(12) Draft 2008||(AA) Jackson|
|96||Yao Wen Chang||20||RHSP||IFA||(Short Season) Everett|
|97||Jorge Agudelo||21||2B||IFA||(low A) Clinton|
|98||Robert Anston||22||OF||(23) Draft 2010||(low A) Clinton|
|99||Denny Almonte||22||OF||(2) Draft 2007||(A) High Desert|
A Few Thoughts:
- The last 10 spots changed emensely in the last 3 hours prior to posting this. I can’t believe how many guys I had forgotten and had to try to squeeze on to this (Romero, Saito, Landazuri, Seco) and some just didn’t make the list.
- I really haven’t ever expended on these rankings before but the thing is that these names are perhapes the most unfamilar of any of the previous names so let me high light a few interesting ones.
- Alexy Palma, and Daniel Mata are both good names to remember for the coming years. They have yet to hit stateside and look to be potential impact type players.
- Francisco “Jose” Valdivia was a top IFA signee from 2008. But he fell off the radar after having Tommy John surgery in 2010. I expect good things from him this year and should be another top-end guy coming from the Internation Free Agency. I expect him to be in the top-50 next year at this time.
- Last IFA I’ll high light is #100 himself Miguel Brito. Brito was part of the 2009 IFA haul. However, according to Prospect Insider there are some various concerns with his age descripiences. Assuming he is 18, he is a great value to the organization.
- Ben Versnik, could be a solid name to remember for the coming years. He was drafted last year out of a junior college in and stands a large 6’3 240 lbs throwing right-handed heat that sits in the low to mid 90′s and carries heavy sink. Not a lot of information on his secondary pitches but just that they need work.
- One of the most under rated bats in all of the Top-100, in my opinion, is Scott Savastano. I never hear much about him but I had the priviledge of meeting him and having a solid 20-minute talk with him prior to the West Tennessee/Montgomery game last year. Awesome guy and an interesting bat too. I’m sure most people will say doesn’t hit for enough power/doesn’t walk enough. He’s the type of guy that doesn’t have one tremendous tool but does a lot of things well and he gets looked over a lot in our system.
- Derrick Saito is another guy who had arm troubles last year. Fell below the radar. I’m not so sure on him being anything tremendous but he has potential and there was some talk last year about him possibly starting. He’s on my watch list for the 2011 season.
Topics: Alexis Palma, Alexy Palma, Ben Versnik, Brandon Havemen, Christian Carmichael, Daniel Carroll, Daniel Mata, Derrick Saito, Edlando Seco, Evan Sharpley, Francisco Valdivia, Fray Martinez, Jandy Sena, Jharmidy De Jesus, Jonathan Hesketh, Jorge Agudelo, Jose Valdivia, Kenn Kasparek, Matthew Bischoff, Miguel Brito, Osmel Morales, Preston Vancil, Robert Anston, Scott Savastano, Stefen Romero, Stephen Landazuri, Taylor Stanton, Tim Boyce