- Carlos Silva was worth 1.4 WAR in his Mariners career.
- Carlos Silva posted a 5.63 tRA, a 4.05 K/9, and 4.63 FIP in 2008.
- Carlos Silva allowed opposing hitters to hit 22 percent line drives (of all fair batted balls) against him in his Mariners career.
- Carlos Silva allowed 25 home runs in ~180 innings as a Mariner.
- Carlos Silva was going to be released by the Mariners eventually anyway.
On the other hand….
- Milton Bradley has a career .371 OBP (typo-catching credit to Ben).
- Milton Bradley is projected (optimistically) to hit 18 homers and 25 doubles in 130+ games by the man himself, Bill James.
- Milton Bradley has a career .450 slugging percentage.
- Milton Bradley is a really good hitter when he is not injured.
- Milton Bradley is not Carlos Silva.
- Milton Bradley is slightly less expensive than Carlos Silva.
- Milton Bradley is worth ~2 WAR more than Carlos Silva on an average yearly basis.
This trade keeps looking better and better from the M’s perspective. I can’t believe we pulled this off.